Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Check northaugustastar.com throughout the morning for up-to-date closings for today and Thursday.
The following is a list of area closings that were announced due to inclement weather. To report a closing for this list to run online, please email news editor Scott Rodgers at email@example.com call us at 803-270-2793.
• Aiken County Schools will operate on a two-hour delay Thursday. All morning Pre-K classes are canceled for Thursday.
• Edgefield County Schools will be closed today and Thursday.
• Fox Creek High School will not hold classes Thursday.
• Richmond County Schools are closed today.
• Our Lady Of Peace School in North Augusta will open at 10 a.m. today.
• Barnwell District 19 will be closed today.
• Williston District 29 will be closed today.
• South Aiken Baptist Christian School and Daycare is closed today.
• Aiken Performing Arts Academy is closed today.
• Midland Valley Christian Academy is closed today.
• Mead Hall Episcopal School will have a two-hour delay Thursday.
• Victory Christian School in North Augusta will be closed today.
• USC Aiken classes are canceled today. On Thursday, class closures have been extended until 10:50 a.m. USC Aiken offices are closed today and are expected to reopen on a normal schedule Thursday. Students are encouraged to check the USC Aiken homepage for updates tomorrow morning by 9 a.m.
• Aiken Technical College will be closed today.
• All Helms College classes are canceled today; all Helms College day classes are canceled Thursday, with all evening classes Thursday continuing as scheduled.
• Georgia Regents University has canceled classes today.
• Southern Wesleyan University Central campus offices and regional offices, including Charleston, Columbia, Greenville and North Augusta, are closed today and day classes are canceled.
• All Aiken County Head Start programs are closed today. They will open on a two-hour delay Thursday.
Other area closings/postponements
• The City of North Augusta business offices will open at noon today. Public Safety and employees with weather response duties should report at their regular times. Sanitation will also run regular routes today.
• All non-essential Aiken County Government facilities will open Thursday at 10 a.m.
• City of Aiken offices will operate on a 2-hour delay Thursday.
• Aiken Regional Medical Centers: The Palmetto Pediatric Center, the Wound Healing Institute of Carolina and The Vein Center will be closed today. The Cancer Care Institute, Southside Imaging Center and Women's LifeCare Diagnostic Services will delay opening today until 12:30 p.m. Emergency departments will remain open, as will ambulance services.
• The Aiken County Best Friend Express bus service will not operate today.
• Aiken city garbage, recycling and yard debris pick-up service is delayed until Friday.
• All libraries in the Aiken-Bamberg-Barnwell-Edgefield area are closed today.
• The Boys & Girls Club of Aiken is closed today.
• SRS personnel will have a three-hour delay from normal start time Thursday.
• All Shepeard Community Blood Centers will open today at noon.
• Municipal Court in North Augusta has been canceled for this morning.
• All Georgia Bank & Trust and Southern Bank & Trust locations will be closed today.
• The WE sisters monthly lunch scheduled today has been canceled.
• Premier Martial Arts in North Augusta is closed today.
• All Goodwill operations are closed today and will reopen at noon on Thursday.
• All Security Federal Bank branches are tentatively scheduled to open at 11 a.m. today.
• Honda Cars of Aiken will be closed today.
• The meeting to discuss plans for the Jackson Ball Park concession stand, senior center addition and renovation of food pantry has been rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 3 at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held in the council chambers of the Jackson Municipal Complex, located at 106 Main St in Jackson.