A blaze occurred at the Big H convenience store in North Augusta early on Friday, which left the building heavily damaged.
North Augusta Department of Public Safety officers were dispatched to a fire at the convenience store, located at 631 Buena Vista Ave. in North Augusta, at 12:24 a.m. on Friday morning.
The store was closed at 9 p.m. on Thursday, and the building was not occupied.
According to reports from North Augusta Public Safety, a unit was dispatched to respond to a burglary alarm.
After arriving at Big H, personnel reported “heavy smoke and fire showing from the exterior of the business,” and began to put out the fire.
The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical, according to reports.
An estimated $90,000 worth of losses were incurred with the value of the property and contents.
The building is not salvageable, said owner Soon Kim.
T.J. Lundeen is a reporter for The North Augusta Star.
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.