(MCT) — DON’T MISS: “ROSEMARY’S BABY” — A strange way to celebrate Mother’s Day? This eerie two-part miniseries is not a remake of Roman Polanski’s classic thriller, but a fresh adaptation of the hellishly suspenseful 1967 novel by Ira Levin that shifts the setting from New York to Paris. It focuses on a young pregnant woman (Zoe Saldana) and her husband (Patrick J. Adams), who move into a prestigious apartment complex seeking a fresh start. Just one problem: It comes with a haunted past and an immeasurable price. 9 p.m. Sunday, NBC.
• The two-hour season finale of “Once Upon a Time” features a time portal and we’ve learned by now that time portals usually lead to trouble. Proceed with caution. 8 p.m., ABC.
• You might want to keep the lights on during “Penny Dreadful.” It’s a creepy new drama series about monsters and demons who terrorize Victorian London. There will be blood. 10 p.m., Showtime.
• “The Blacklist” closes out its highly successful freshman season with an episode that producers promise is a “game-changer.” That’s great, but what we really want to know is the true identity of Liz’s mysterious husband (Ryan Eggold). 10 p.m., NBC.
• “NCIS,” which usually goes out on a suspenseful note, instead ends its season with an emotional one. The episode is a tribute to the late Ralph Waite, who played Gibbs’ (Mark Harmon) father. 8 p.m., CBS.
• The Season 5 finale of “Glee” opens with everyone at a crossroads as Rachel (Lea Michele) ponders leaving Broadway behind to try out television. Our advice? Don’t do it, Rachel! 8 p.m., Fox.
• Do you hear wedding bells? On “Modern Family,” Mitchell and Cameron’s (Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet) big day is finally here. But we suspect their walk down the aisle won’t go off without a hitch. 9 p.m., ABC.
• The season finale of “The Vampire Diaries” apparently puts some lives at risk. In other words, it’s business as usual. 8 p.m., The CW.
• Break out the Kleenex. In the Season 10 closer of “Grey’s Anatomy,” we’re forced to bid farewell to hard-driven surgeon Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh), one of TV’s great characters. We’ll be OK, but what about poor Meredith (Ellen Pompeo)? 9 p.m., ABC.
• The third season of “Grimm” ends with the long-awaited wedding of Rosalee and Monroe (Bree Turner, Silas Weir Mitchell). Should be fun – as long as the guests don’t try to kill each other. 9 p.m., NBC.
• Earlier in the day on “The View,” the show’s esteemed creator and co-host was scheduled to slip off into retirement. Tonight brings “Barbara Walters: Her Story,” a two-hour retrospective special that recalls an incredible, groundbreaking television career. 9 p.m., ABC.
• The season finale of “Saturday Night Live” serves as a homecoming for Andy Samberg (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”), who returns to the show for his first hosting gig. The musical guest is St. Vincent. 11:35 p.m., NBC.
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.