ERROR: Macro head/script_googleAnalytics is missing!

Big H store burns in midnight blaze

  • Friday, May 9, 2014

Staff photo by T.J. Lundeen Pictured is the exterior of Big H convenience store after a fire on May 9.

Photos



A blaze occurred at the Big H Convenience Store on May 9, which left the building heavily damaged.


North Augusta Public Safety officers were dispatched to a fire at the convenience store, located at 631 Buena Vista Ave., at 12:24 a.m. on May 9. The store was closed at 9 p.m. on May 8, and the building was not occupied.


According to reports from North Augusta Public Safety, a unit was dispatched to respond to a burglary alarm. After arriving at Big H, personnel reported “heavy smoke and fire showing from the exterior of the business,” and began to put out the fire.


The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical, according to reports.


An estimated $90,000 worth of losses were incurred with the value of the property and contents. The building is not salvageable, said owner Soon Kim.


T.J. Lundeen is a reporter for The North Augusta Star. Follow him on Twitter @lundeentj for more updates.




Aiken Standard

© 2015 Aiken Standard an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.

ERROR: Macro shared/ox/ox-wallpapers is missing! ERROR: Macro shared/ox/ox-corner-peel is missing!