ERROR: Macro shared/headContent is missing!
Friday, May 9, 2014
A blaze occurred at the Big H Convenience Store on May 9, which left the building heavily damaged.
North Augusta Public Safety officers were dispatched to a fire at the convenience store, located at 631 Buena Vista Ave., at 12:24 a.m. on May 9. The store was closed at 9 p.m. on May 8, and the building was not occupied.
According to reports from North Augusta Public Safety, a unit was dispatched to respond to a burglary alarm. After arriving at Big H, personnel reported “heavy smoke and fire showing from the exterior of the business,” and began to put out the fire.
The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical, according to reports.
An estimated $90,000 worth of losses were incurred with the value of the property and contents. The building is not salvageable, said owner Soon Kim.
T.J. Lundeen is a reporter for The North Augusta Star. Follow him on Twitter @lundeentj for more updates.