A Williston man has died after a fire occurred at his home Thursday morning.
The body of Dean Scarbeary was found in his bedroom upstairs in the two-story structure by firefighters working to put out the blaze, according to Barnwell County Coroner Lloyd Ward.
Williston Fire Chief Milton Widener said they received the call at about 7:11 a.m. The case is still under investigation, but Widener said it’s not suspected to be a suspicious fire, and they believe it started in the kitchen around the stove.
Elko and Long Branch Fire Departments also responded to the scene.
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.