1. What is the official state amphibian?
A. Texas toad
B. Green tree frog
C. Spotted salamander
D. Red-spotted newt
2. What is the official state gem stone?
B. Freshwater pearl
C. Star blue quartz
D. Blue topaz
3. What is the official state fish?
A. Brook trout
B. Striped bass
C. Guadalupe bass
D. Northern pike
4. What is the official state animal?
A. Black bear
B. Whitetail deer
5. What is the official state beverage?
A. Sweet tea
D. Sunny Delight
6. What is the official state butterfly?
A. Monarch butterfly
B. Black swallowtail
C. Viceroy butterfly
D. Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
7. What is the official state fruit?
8. What is the official state popular music?
D. Beach music
9. What is the official state flower?
B. Carolina lily
D. Yellow Jessamine
10. What are the official state songs?
A. “Rocky Top” and “Smoky Mountain Rain”
B. “Carolina” and “South Carolina on My Mind”
C. “Take Me Home Country Roads” and “This is My West Virginia”
D. “Roll On, Columbia, Roll On” and “Louie Louie”
11. What is the official state reptile?
B. Horned lizard
C. Loggerhead sea turtle
D. Red-Bellied turtle
10. What is the official state vegetable?
A. Collard greens
D. Sweet potato
13. What is the official state snack?
A. Pork rinds
B. Boiled peanuts
C. Pickled eggs
D. Tortilla chips and salsa
14. What is the official state wildflower?
A. Oak-leaf hydrangea
15. What is the official state spider?
A. Black widow
B. Brown recluse
C. Grass spider
D. Wolf spider
16. What is the official state grass?
A. Bermuda grass
B. Indian grass
C. Sideoats grama
D. Centipede grass
17. What is the official state American folk dance?
A. Square dance
18. What is the official state color?
A. Royal blue
C. Hunter green
19. What is the official state heritage horse?
A. Colonial Spanish mustang
B. Marsh tacky
C. Oklahoma Colonial Spanish horse
D. Tennessee walking horse
20. What is the official state tree?
A. Sugar maple
D. Pecan tree
Karen Klock is the features editor at the Aiken Standard. She is a graduate of USC Aiken.
1. C; 2. A; 3. B; 4. B; 5. C; 6. D; 7. A; 8. D; 9. D; 10. B; 11. C.; 12. A; 13. B; 14. C; 15. D; 16. B; 17. A; 18. D; 19. B; 20. C
Notice about comments:
Aiken Standard is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.