One popular theory holds that our personalities are set in concrete by the time we reach young adulthood, but I disagree with this viewpoint. Our genetics do determine many things in our lives, but I believe human beings are capable of growth and purposeful change as the years progress. While it is easy to become set in one’s ways, an open and honest heart encourages spiritual and emotional progress. Life offers us many opportunities for continuing insight about our faith, ourselves, others and our changing roles. “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 3:18a).
- Local doctor turns gaze toward retirement years
- Community Ministry to continue food distribution
- Police bookings for March 25
- Adams is Artist's Guild's Artist of the Month
- FROM THE PARK BENCH: COVID-19 park updates
- Five deaths, hundreds of coronavirus cases reported in S.C.
- S.C. Football Hall of Fame reschedules enshrinement celebration
- Local growers discuss impact of coronavirus