As the music played in the background, one individual described it as sad. Another person, experiencing a different emotion, asked about a correlation between peace and sadness. I see a connection between these emotions because we can have peace of mind, including an absence of nagging worries, and also feel sadness. Dr. Carl Jung wrote that “even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7).
- Local doctor turns gaze toward retirement years
- Community Ministry to continue food distribution
- Police bookings for March 25
- Adams is Artist's Guild's Artist of the Month
- FROM THE PARK BENCH: COVID-19 park updates
- Five deaths, hundreds of coronavirus cases reported in S.C.
- S.C. Football Hall of Fame reschedules enshrinement celebration
- Local growers discuss impact of coronavirus